Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fourth of July

Okay, I know... this is a really late post. But there are somethings I really want to post and I can't post out of order. So after our anniversary trip we went to my Grandparents house at Lake Cavanaugh. The weather was not the greatest, but we still had lots of fun. We BBQed of course and ate too much food. There is a parade every year that goes about 200 yards for the kids and families to walk with the fire truck and everything. It was lots of fun when we were growing up and now it is just fun to watch the little kiddies have fun. Everyone gets all dressed up and decorate their bikes or carts. My grandpa drives the fire truck every year. This year they had a new fire truck so he had lots of fun.
When we came back to the cabin this is what we found. My mom was dancing... at least I think that is what she was doing. It was very interesting and entertaining.
We also took a family picture, which I don't think we have really had since Jake was a baby. It was really nice since everyone was there and we had the tripod so everyone could be in it.
The fireworks seem to get better and better each year. There is a guy who lives a few houses down that sells fireworks, so anything leftover he lights off. It is always very impressive. Here are some of the shots I got with my camera. It was my first year taking the pictures, but I thought they turned out okay.

No comments: