Saturday, May 8, 2010

10K Fever!!

This weekend was our 10k race. Steven and Raime came up to run it with us. Steven wasn't able to run the race with us because he has gout on his knee. So he decided to sit this one out. It was a painful race, but Russ came in FIRST in his age group and I took SECOND in my age group!!! We saw lots of fun people there racing with us and got some fun pictures.
These are my racing buddies, Natalie (with her sister) and Sheri (with her kids). They rocked the race too!!
Here are our before race pictures, and the starting race line. This was the 10k racers all lined up ready for take off.

Here we are about a 1/4 mile into the race. At this point we were still willing to smile and give thumbs up. Near the end I was not willing to do anything but barely lift my feet off the ground.




Here is our after race photo, we are a lot more tired than we look, I promise.


After the race we ate some great pizza at Garlic Jim's and then relaxed our legs in the hot tub. After a much needed shower we went down to Marina Beach in Edmonds and had a little BBQ and took some fun pictures.






2 comments:

Raime said...

Yay for a fun weekend!! You guys kicked trash in the race. Definitely motivating me to get my buns into gear here! :) See you guys soon again!

Sarah Webb said...

wow, grear job! You're amazing! I'm glad you had a good weekend and the pictures are super cute!