Monday, September 29, 2008

Goldendale Wedding

We went to visit my Great Grandma Willis this weekend. My cousin Joe was getting married, so we all got together. Goldendale is about an hour and a half south of Yakima, and it is a total farming community. As I am sure you will see with the cattle herding pictures that I will post later. This is my family with my Grandma Willis. Yes, I know Jake looks like a girl.
This is Joe and Amy Willis, my cousins that got married. It was a very beautiful wedding. The weather was perfect with a small breeze to keep us cool.

This is their "hick" cake. The cake topper says "just hitched" and it is a parade float. The cake was actually really good. The dancing was another fun hick aspect - they made everyone do the chicken dance. I don't think I have ever done that dance in a skirt, let alone at a wedding. It was a lot of fun and that was only Saturday night.


1 comment:

Sarah Webb said...

Wow, you have a great-grandma still living? That's cool. Weddings are fun. But why is it that none of the boys are smiling in your family picture there? Nevermind, I already know. Gotta look all stoic. Boys are weird.